MORE ABOUT THIS CAR...
- Treated to a full pursuit of originality, nut and bolt restoration by E-Type UK.
- Original UK right-hand drive.
- Original 1961 outside bonnet locker (OBL) example.
- Chassis 54 - the 54th right-hand drive roadster to be produced.
- Heritage correct Imperial Maroon over Maroon Connolly Vaumol Leather.
- Warren Concours 2018 - Best in Class
- Historic Motoring Awards Finalist 2019 - Restoration of the Year.
Chassis 54 was treated to a no expense spared, nut and bolt restoration by E-Type UK. With factory originality the upmost priority, Chassis 54 was finished in Concours condition, preserving and encapsulating 1961 originality. Below is a breakdown of just some of the period-correct and early features refurbished or sourced and fitted:
- Outside bonnet locks
- Spot welded in bonnet louvres with visible spot welds
- PL headlights
- Butler rear number plate lamps
- Early door top chromes
- Solid rear hood chrome
- Original front indicator lens
- Correct fittings for all front brightwork
- Early A-pillar and windscreen chrome with joins
- Early A-pillar top chromes with rubber pad
- Date correct glass
- Original profile over-riders
- Period correct wheel spinners
- Early square profile Jaguar badge
- Flat floors with correct rear flat profile bulkhead
- Period correct poker dot aluminium centre console and dash fascia
- Original Leveroll seat runners
- Early hood canopy
- Correct triple press stud hood bag
- Extended early lead weight for the roof stabilisation during high speeds
- Flat dashtop with three early vents and brass bezels
- Early grab handle with no chrome dash scrolls
- Correct pitch roadster seats refurbished and finished in duck egg grey
- Flocked glove box lining
- Original early steering wheel
- Correct positive earth clock
- All correct 'Made in England' gauges
- Correct profile toggle switches
- Pumpkin Orange Cylinder head
- 3.8 Marston Radiator
- Dipped water rail
- Aluminium pulleys
- Early alternator bracket
- Date correct starter motor, distributor, dynamo and wiper motor
- Correct period ignition system
- Small ridged header tank
- Correct 3.8 wishbones with ball joint covers
- Blue top washer bottle
- Correct box filter plenum
- Early carb tops and tabs
- Three pedestal throttle linkage
- Period correct bellow braking system
- Nova code brake fluid senders
- Period correct brake fluid hoses
- Steel brake lines
- Early wiring loom straps
- Early non-self adjusting hand brake mechanism
- Early rear hubs
- Early driveshafts
- Stubby axle breather
- Period correct fuel tank and sender
If you'd like more information on Chassis 54 then visit the E-type bespoke RESTORATION PAGE HERE. Alternatively, please call us on 01732 852762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a viewing.